I am a husband, father, son, brother, uncle and friend. I believe in sharing my talents and experiences by giving back to the community by giving my time to coaching, church and especially to the disability community. I truly believe that all men and women are created equally.
Community Life For anyone, community living means having the opportunity to participate in the community and make decisions about all aspects of life. People with disabilities often need support to participate in the least restrictive and exercise their rights in their communities.
- Know about all of their options regarding community living.
- Live in inclusive communities in accessible integrated housing in safe neighborhoods of their choice with their choice of roommate(s) or live alone.
- Engage in intimate relationships, marriage or civil unions.
- Choose their freinds and support staffs.
- Develope independent living skills.
- Participate in faith communities, social activities, hobbies and recreations of their choice.
Pre K-12 Education A successful education experience is vital for individuals with disabilities to become independent, productive and contributing members of their communities. Public education prepares all students to persue the benefits of a free society and to exercise fully their rights and responsabilites as citizens. Education is a lifelong process. Education for individuals with disabilities should be free, appropriate and inclusive.
- Receive a Free and Appropriate Education (FAPE)
- Receive and education from highly qualified and effective regulare and special education staff.
- Receive sufficient supports to enable individuals to learn.
- Receive and education that provides a transition to full lives as adults, including integrated employment, and/or post secondary education.
- Make reasonable progress as the individual moves from grade to grade in school.
- Receive and education in the Least Restrictive Environment (LRE) among peers without disabilities from pre-school to post-graduation in inclusive school environments.
- Promote understanding and friendships between students with and without disabilities.
- Utilize evidence-based discipline and behavior management such as positive behavior interventions and supports (PBSI).