I am an Ultra-Conservative, Alpha-Male, True Authentic Leader, Type "C" Personality, who is very active in my community; whether it is donating time, clothes or money for Project Concern or going to Common Council meetings and voicing my opinions. As a blogger, I intend to provide a different viewpoint "The way I see it!" on various world, national and local issues with a few helpful tips & tidbits sprinkled in.
Missing senators rely heavily on union campaign dollars
If the 14 Fleeing Senator’s rely heavily on union campaign dollars how is it not a violation of the code of conduct in that it would be a conflict of direct interest since the funding comes from the union dues and in their personal interest to have this budget fix bill killed?
In specifically the bolded items.
The Government Accountability Board, Ethics and Accountability Division, administers and enforces Wisconsin’s Code of Ethics for Public Officials and Employees. The Ethics Code applies to state officials as specified in s. 19.42, Wisconsin Statutes. Following is an overview of the statutory standards.
State Public Officials should not:
Act officially in a matter in which s/he is privately interested.
• Use her/his public position for private benefit.
• Accept transportation, lodging, food, or beverage except as specifically authorized.
• Solicit or accept rewards or items or services likely to influence her/his official duties.
• Use confidential information to receive anything of value.
• Use her/his public position to obtain unlawful benefits.
• Enter into public contracts without notice.
• Charge a fee to represent a person before a state agency.
• Offer or provide influence in exchange for campaign contributions.
• Accept anything of pecuniary value from a lobbyist or from a lobbyist’s employer.